KaarWork Life Without Barriers
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
As a Home Care Worker, you will be actively supporting clients to remain living independently at home through the provision of personal care, domestic assistance and social support. In order to provide the best possible support to our clients, we are seeking applicants who are fluent in both Farsi/Persian and English.
We have multiple casual and permanent part-time contracts available. Rosters will mostly consist of Monday to Friday shifts. However, there may be some flexibility required for weekend work and sleepover shifts on occasion.
- Housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry and folding of clothes
- Changing of linen as required
- Supporting the clients to attend and actively participate in appointments and social activities
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Fluency in both Farsi/Persian and English
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Home and Community Care, Aged Care or Disability
- Current Food Handlers Certificate or willingness to undertake
- 6 months of previous experience in a similar role
- A current unrestricted Australian drivers licence
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Permanent ongoing positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at [email protected]
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 7th of October