KaarWork Mercy Health
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Multicultural Services team if you are a NAATI certified interpreter in Hindi, Punjabi, Vietnamese or Persian language. Translation certification in any of these languages will be an added advantage.
You will be part of a small team of experienced interpreters who ensure that high standards of care are maintained by assisting patients and health professionals to overcome language and cultural barriers. You have an option to work at one or both of our hospitals: Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg and Werribee Mercy Hospital in Werribee – please indicate your preference in the application.
- Casual positions available
- Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg and / or Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Salary is in accordance with the Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020
- Provide quality, ethical interpreting services which will contribute to better health outcomes for consumers with limited English proficiency
- Participate in relevant activities to enable provision of quality services and smooth operations of the department.
- NAATI certification as an interpreter essential, NAATI certification as a translator desirable
- Minimum experience of 5 years working as an interpreter
- Experience in interpreting in acute hospitals in Australia, including knowledge of medical terminology
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office suite essential
Mercy Hospitals Victoria Ltd incorporates; Mercy Hospital for Women, a fully accredited Level 6 Specialist Teaching Hospital in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Neonatology, Anaesthetics and Gynaecological Oncology.
And Werribee Mercy Hospital, currently a 200 bed community hospital is located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Jayani Siriwardena, Deputy Manager Multicultural Services, 03 8458 4255 or [email protected]
Quote Ref No: MHVL 37
Applications Close: Friday, 7 December 2018