A leading Financial Data Service Provider is seeking an Islamic Banks Analyst to join their team based in Manchester. A successful candidate will have a solid understanding of Islamic banking and accounting, must be fluent in either Arabic, Turkish or Persian and should display strong data manipulation skills in Excel.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Bank Financials data in the Middle East and Southeast Asia regions
- Understand bank financial data and be able to independently analyse issues and challenges in order to support the development and implementation of solutions
- Develop and implement the agreed quality management strategy and plans in respect of the production of the data quality of the product.
- Support the development and maintenance of systems to establish standards and service levels relating to all production activities in conjunction with the Data Supplier.
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Monitor performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate with and advise the Data Supplier and managers as to production performance.
- Establish and implement a communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all teams.
- Provide support and advice on all aspects of accounting as it relates to banks and other financial institutions contained within the database.
- Generate analysis of individual and group financial statements for comparison with that of the Data Supplier and to explain variances, where they may exist, with those produced by clients.
- Deliver expert opinion through a working knowledge of the regulatory requirements relating to banks and financial institutions combined with an understanding of bank financial products.
- Provide data mapping skills to enable the individual country reporting and bank templates as used by the Data Supplier to be mapped to standardised ‘Global Detailed’ format.
- Firm grasp of Islamic banking and accounting, particularly as it relates to banks and financial institutions.
- Advanced data manipulation skills using, for example, Excel
- High level of numeracy. Ability to recognise when data and ratios are outside benchmarks and norms and reconcile data anomalies.
- Good written English. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Critical thinking skills. Ability to identify problems and solutions.
- Ability to work independently within the prescribed process to achieve deadlines.
- Able to analyse a set of accounts using key ratio analysis.
- You must be able to speak either Arabic, Turkish or Persian
Job Type: Full-time
- Arabic (Required)