st and 2
nd level support incidents related to Cyber Security and general IT support. They will be a part of the Fleet IT team and new Projects (new builds, IT & onboard business initiatives) and will focus primarily on monitoring and resolving cyber security incidents but will also be an active part of the support team for other incidents and requests. Activities will include acquisition, installation and movement of IT Assets (hardware and software) across the fleet and for new builds.
- English fluent speaker a must. Italian and any other European language is an advantage;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering;
- MSc Degree in Cyber Security is an advantage;• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal;• Good working knowledge of Palo Alto Firewall (certification is an advantage);
- Experience of working in a SOC environment;
- Considerable knowledge of encryption algorithms and Penetration testing tools;• Network protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP;
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 (essential), Active Directory, Office365, Exchange, Windows Server 2012-2016, Network switches, Routers and firewalls, Alcatel Systems, Mobile – Android & iOS, MAC OS (additional);
- IOC detection techniques;
- OT (ICS and SCADA) basic skills;
- Industry certifications (ISC, ISACA, SANS, EC-COUNCIL).
- This position may entail occasional overtime working, including in the evenings/nights outside normal office hours, at weekends or on public holidays.
- Travel is required 30% of the time / All Business Expenses are Paid.
- Performs eyes on glass monitoring for cyber security incidents;
- Handles or escalates IT security issues;• Identifies attacks from both internal and external sources on global scale;
- Operates and optimizes security tooling/products, including anti-virus, firewall encryption technologies, network security (IDS/IPS/Firewalls), logging and auditing, event and incident management, privileged access management, authentication and authorization;
- Performs security periodic vulnerabilities assessments and penetration testing activities;
- Delivers and provides support and aids computer users and clients in a proactive and structured way;
- Maintains and updates systems as and when required and makes sure they are running smoothly;
- Installs software applications and system upgrades to desktop and laptop users
- Deals with day to day IT activities including new hire set up, video conferences and office moves;• Monitors the ticketing system to resolve requests;
- Provides hardware and software troubleshooting support
- Makes proactive efforts to improve IT knowledge;
- Gets involved with internal discussions and is willing to contribute to the continuous process of the company’s service improvement (ITIL);
- Takes responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development;
- Supports the remediation phase (patching, reporting and tracking activities).
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in the UK (UK/EU National)
Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.