- English fluent speaker a must. Italian and any other European language is an advantage;
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Information Technology;•Experience within the cruise or travel industry related to shipboard IT operations, shipboard infrastructure implementations, and new builds is preferred;
- Exceptional Excel skills coupled with good Presentation, Report Writing and Analytical Skills;
- Ability and desire to learn fast;
- Customer Focus;
- This position may entail occasional overtime working, including in the evenings/nights outside normal office hours, at weekends or on public holidays;
- Travel is required 30% of the time.
- Communicates with internal colleagues to understand the needs of different departments and the organisation mainly for Deck-Maritime and Security units (HESS departments);
- Investigates problems and analyses options for new and existing services and provides recommendations to solutions;
- Identifies, analyses, manages and monitors relationships with and between stakeholders. Identify objectives, opportunities and potential benefits available;•Produces written documentation to support the projects and the implementation for all Onboard applications;
- Supports and guides business areas on development of business cases where applicable;
- Details projects and new business initiatives;•Leads small initiatives and projects, keeping up-to-date documentation and status information;•Follow up closely the delivery of the projects, making the bridge between the vendors and the business areas;
- Actively participate during the test phases, supporting the definition of test scenarios and test steps, keeping focused on the agreed scope and main business requirements;
- Identifies and explores opportunities for service and business improvement. Drives the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies;
- Specifies requirements from both a business and user perspective to enable agreed changes to be implemented effectively.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in the UK
Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.