KaarWork Manningham City Council
- Permanent Full-Time or Part- Time option available
- Maternal and Child Health Nurse Year 1-4 (Pro Rata) plus superannuation & Qualification allowances
- Supportive, friendly team that encourages innovation in practice and responsiveness to the community we serve.
At Manningham Council, we are people who invest in people. We’re a values based organisation who has a big responsibility to deliver 100 diverse services to our community.
We’ve also set ourselves a big goal – to be the best Council in Victoria. So we are embracing new technology and improving our customer’s experiences. It’s a very exciting time to be working at Manningham.
Working here is often challenging where no day is the same. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work, have your ideas heard and your achievements acknowledged.
This position aims to provide a high quality Universal Maternal and Child Health Service that promotes healthy outcomes for all families with children from birth to school age, through scheduled consultations at key ages and stages and by offering other activities including parent groups. The Maternal and Child Health Nurse will, in accordance with all Legislative Frameworks, offer optimal health promotion, prevention of poor health outcomes, early detection and risk surveillance, as well as intervention and referral as required. We highly value our staff and provide monthly clinical supervision, professional development and a supportive work environment. We encourage new graduate MCH Nurses to apply.
The ideal candidate will have:
- current registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) as a Registered nurse and Registered Midwife.
- post Graduate Diploma/Masters in Child and Family Health Nursing
- current Full Victorian Drivers licence and use of a reliable comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
- a valid Working with Children Check.
Highly desirable to have:
- qualifications such as Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or Adult or Infant Mental Health.
- bilingual in either Mandarin, Cantonese or Persian.
Find out more!
If you have any questions about the position please Rebecca Scanlan MCH Coordinator on 9840 9192. For all other enquiries contact the HR Officer on 9840 9219 or email [email protected]
Your application for this position should be addressed to Rebecca Scanlan and can be submitted via the form below.
Applications close at 10am on Monday 29th April 2019.