KaarWork HOST International
Regional Opportunities Australia (ROA) is a new NFP entity established by HOST International to help migrants and refugees move from cities to regional Australia and connect them with employment and business opportunities.
ROA aims to positively transform the lives of migrants and refugees by helping them obtain employment, build successful businesses and fulfilling lives, so they can make meaningful contributions to the Australian economy and society.
HOST International is a not for profit company limited by guarantee committed to working wisely, creatively and carefully to help create a better, safer future for displaced people and host communities around the world.
The Operations Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer, ROA and will lead the operations of ROA. Through building partnerships with key stakeholders, our aim is to assist migrants and refugees with a sustainable transition from cities to regional Australia and connect them to employment and small business opportunities.
The successful incumbent will lead project development and community engagement, assisting with research, marketing and other business development activities. As a start-up entity, the incumbent will be required to undertake a broad range of administration and project activities and provide day to day support to the CEO. This is a maximum term contract for 2 years.
– Implementation and delivery of the entire range of ROA services to migrant/refugee customers and regional communities;
– Oversee the expansion of services to new regional areas and migrant/refugee communities;
– Write grant proposals to attract new funding;
– Undertake administration, operational set up and coordination activities for ROA;
– Develop program scopes, objectives, KPIs involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
– Assist with the identification of migrant/refugee community organisations for potential partnership opportunities;
– Assist with business development activities and liaison with community representatives, student associations and other key stakeholders to help market and promote services to migrants and refugees;
– Assist the CEO in engaging with industry, regional and community groups to ensure the continuous strengthening of partnerships. This may require travelling to regional areas;
– Liaise with external stakeholders on behalf of the CEO and the business where required, including assisting the CEO in preparing for stakeholder meetings and events;
– Provide administrative and logistical support to all aspects of corporate governance, including Board papers, contracts and governance requirements;
– Develop and maintain a risk management framework for ROA;
– Work closely with internal stakeholders to measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques;
– Develop and maintain numerous registers including contracts and compliance registers ensuring alignment with relevant obligations and legislation;
– Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for all external and internal stakeholders as required, complying with contractual obligations, information protocols, policies and procedures;
– Provide the CEO with administration support through the preparation of various correspondence, communications and presentations as required; and
– Provide secretarial support to ROA board and Steering Committee.
Essential Selection Criteria:
– Tertiary qualifications in Business, Community Services Management and / or demonstrated experience in the NFP industry;
– Experience preparing and submitting tenders;
– Experience in developing and delivering resources and programs for a range of stakeholder groups including ethnic minority groups and people from a CALD background;
– Strong understanding of local communities as well as the drivers of change;
– High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders to foster effective working relationships;
– Ability to work under limited direction, including experience in planning, prioritising and organising work for self and others to achieve goals and deadlines;
– Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office based computing applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
– A proactive, collaborative mindset and demonstrated capacity to work independently and within a team environment; and
– Ability to travel as required.
While experience working in the Not for Profit sector is valued, experience in customer orientated and results focused environments such as hospitality, retail or recruitment will also be highly regarded.
Proficiency in Arabic, Tamil, Persian or other refugee language groups will also be highly regarded however it is not essential. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to an energetic workplace that’s filled with inspiring and motivated people.
In return for your sought-after skills and experience, HOST offers the following benefits:
– Base salary commensurate with skills and experience
– Generous NFP salary packaging of up to $15,900 of your salary being tax free
– Flexible working arrangements; and
– Study and professional development days.
It is a requirement that all applicants meet the following:
– Have the right to work in Australia;
– A National Police Check; and
– Agree to social media screening as part of pre-employment checks.
– Regional Opportunities Australia is an equal employment opportunity employer, we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians and candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please attach your CV and cover letter addressing the essential criteria. Successful candidates will be subject to background checks, social media screening and criminal history checks prior to commencement.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11PM, Friday 19 April 2019.
The application form will include these questions:
– Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
– How many years’ experience do you have as an operations manager?
– Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
– Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Job Type: Contract