kaarwork MSC Cruises
- Fluent English; any other EU language is considered an advantage;
- Bachelor’s Degree or previous equivalent hands on experience;
- 5-7 years’ experience in a cruise line or tour operator in worldwide shore excursion operations or in a similar field as team leader;
- Strong command of MS Office products;
- Willingness to travel for business up to 15% of the time;
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, organization and planning skills.
- Drives the team in meeting shore excursion group sales goals;
- Manages, develops and implements effective inbound and outbound sales plans and promotions;
- Processes charter and incentive group requests, negotiates costs, creates a product programme and shares all relevant aspects with on board and shore side operations staff, assuring that the negotiations meet the revenue and margin goals;
- Working both with internal Incentive and Charter Sales teams and clients, provides custom excursions and processes any other specific group requests, managing in-person top clients requests;
- Actively pushes incoming groups in purchasing MSC excursions, negotiates costs, creates programmes and shares all relevant information with on board and shore side operations staff;
- Manages relationships with commercial departments, with main MSC markets and management, providing, as reference point, consistent feedback on sales results, preparing reports and presentations;
- If needed, organizes site inspections or familiarization trips, personally attends trade shows and on board travel agencies events to work with agents directly and build up a network of future clients, representing the Shore Excursion Dept.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in Italy.Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.