Technical Security Engineer
is responsible for reporting to the CSO any matter that, in his opinion, could affect the safe operation of the ships or could present a risk to the ships Security and which requires the assistance of the Company for rectification.
- Fluent in English language;
- Electronic Engineering diploma;
- Full Understanding of ISPS;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Technical knowledge of: X-Ray Detection System & trace detectors;
- A thorough knowledge of similar competitive products in the Cruise industry;
- Skilled in computer and software technology;
- Substantial interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment;
- Travel will be required.
- Cooperates for the implementations and controls on cyber security;
- Works in cooperation with the TSO, monitors the configuration of Security systems aboard, ashore and at Ocean Cay;
- Works in cooperation with the TSE, monitors all systems for security issues, on a daily basis;
- Researches and assesses new technologies and upgrades;
- Develops and performs training sessions through the Sinfox platform;
- Inspects the fleet to assess the Security Team systems and equipment is fully compliant;
- Leads Training session and evaluates the level of knowledge of the equipment users;
- Monitors throughout compliance of all company’s security policies;
- Provides technical support needed for all mayor investigations;
- Reviews and follows the various maintenance contracts and evaluates the optimization and benefit of the Company;
- Assesses the condition of the shipboard Security equipment and the correct use of it. This includes (x-ray, Archway, HHMD and CCTV system, looking system and any other system that is linked to the ship’s Security);
- Organises, plans and logistics of the technical service, (delivery of spares, quotes and cost controls) tracks the shipment;
- Plans and attends the periodical checks according to the maintenance contract;
- Liaises with the shipboard personnel for the diagnostics, with the purpose to optimize the time and costs of service;
- Provides technical remote support for immediate repair and problem solving;
- Researches a new technology and assess any new potential manufacturers.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in the UK
Part of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises’ fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet’s average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises’ fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas “7 Golden Pearls” for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.